Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Plant of renown

(Here's a short post taken from a very recent Wednesday night at Shorewood. I had to call in sick yesterday due to flu-like symptoms and then I learned today back at the job that several women called off sick yesterday, all of which ate the pizzas made for a staff lunch by the HR head! I did sense when I was eating it that the crust was too white and undercooked tasting.)

Ezekiel 34: [29] And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.

[30] Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord GOD.

"When I read that verse 29, 'I will raise up for them a plant of renown,' that's one of those verses that really demonstrates . . . You know, it's a figure of speech; it's a symbol. It's talking about the Lord Jesus Christ, Messiah, and He's a plant of renown," explains Richard Jordan.

"In the Bible He's called 'the lily of the valley.' He's called the 'rose of Sharon.' The 'balm of Gilead.' Those titles are used to describe the impact. If you're renowned that means you're a celebrity. You're distinct. You're like nothing else; there's not another plant like you. You're beautiful.

"You provide shelter; you provide nurture. He's going to do all those things and He's going to be the hero of the world. Everybody is going to see Him and know, 'That's Israel's God; He's Israel's king and the house of Israel belongs to Him.'

"You see in verse 31: [31] And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.

"It's obvious that shepherds and sheep, referring to the leaders of Israel and the nation, are figures of speech."

No comments:

Post a Comment