Monday, March 20, 2023

Connecting with Nehemiah

Sometimes I am surprised by what I see in my "most read" stats. A post from today's list entitled, "Connecting Point," was from November 22, 2011.

I couldn't imagine at all what it was about. As I read the first couple of paragraphs I couldn't tell who I was quoting. When I got down to, "Nehemiah was a great leader, blah, blah, blah," I thought, 'That's got to be Jordan."

Here is the post and new article tomorrow for sure:

Romans 4:4. “The only response grace will accept is faith. Grace will not accept works as a response. Romans 6:11. I Thess. 2:13. What is it that makes God’s grace work in your life? Believing it! Verse 19. God’s grace requires a participating response of faith. It’s the response it will accept but it requires it in order to activate it!


“The gap between what you know about what God says and how it impacts your life is faith. The key to appropriating into your experience the reality of who you are in Christ is faith. ‘It’s not I but Christ.’ The connecting point is to believe that and to walk by faith.”

*****

“All the little Christian celebrities who write books on leadership all write on Nehemiah. Okay, that’s a great thing, Nehemiah was a great leader, blah, blah, blah and all that stuff. But boy, when you read back there, you know there’s a picture of New Jerusalem in the third heaven in the book of Nehemiah?! I read that and I say, ‘Wow, now I’m more interested in that than I am trying to figure out how to make you do what I want you to do because I want you to do it!’ Which is what all these leadership things are about.”

*****

“There’s going to be universal healthcare then. Isaiah 33:24 says that. He’s going to remove the curse of sickness. He brought Israel out of Egypt, took her into the wilderness and said, ‘If you don’t behave, I’m going to smite you with the botch of Egypt.’ I love those phrases. I don’t know what that is but it sure don’t sound like I want it. And diseases were inflicted on Israel for their disobedience.

“Leviticus 26 talks about one of the curses God would place on them for their disobedience was the burning ague. You say what’s that? A fever in your eyes. The kingdom is going to remove that curse and you won’t have to have hay fever in the spring and the fall.

“If you die at 100, Isaiah 65 says, you’ll be considered a child, because
the longevity will be for a thousand years. In fact, the inhabitants of that kingdom aren’t going to have to die. They’re going to be able to have eternal life.

“By the way, they don’t just live, they’re going to be able to populate the earth again and have children. The difficulty when you have a child, though, is whose that kid kin to? In the Millennium only saved Gentiles go in but when they begin to have kids, those kids aren’t just automatically saved.

“Nobody’s automatically saved. So there’s going to be some problems in the Millennium. That’s why it’s going to be ‘the judgment of the nations.’

“Zechariah 14:3. He’s going to come back and the first place His feet are going to touch the ground is the last place they were on the earth before He left in Acts 1. He ascended of the Mount of Olives and He’ll come back there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment