Saturday, December 25, 2021

As 2022 looms nearer

Beautiful Savior, King of Creation,
Son of God and Son of Man;
Truly I’d love thee, Truly I’d serve thee
Light of my soul, my joy, my crown.

--Fairest Lord Jesus, circa 1842

I came across this study last night and thought this was the perfect summary:

“What happens at the Judgment Seat of Christ is it’s not a sin issue; your sin's taken care of at the Cross. It’s an issue of the capacity, the maturity level that you’ve developed to. Hebrews 5 says there are people who are babies and there are people who are adults. He says the baby is someone who’s unskilled in the Word of righteousness.

“It’s about the edification that you develop; the measure of every part," explains Richard Jordan. "It’s the edification capacity you develop in your inner man today to serve Him; the capacity you develop to understand and to think like God thinks, having your mind renewed.

“Not just have a bunch of thinking in your mind, but have that become part of your life. The verse says 'with the heart man believes unto righteousness.' Believing is not just something that I consent to; believing is something where truth becomes a part of me.

“It isn’t just something that I know. I take what I know and I say, ‘That’s going to be my thinking; I’m going to bring it into my heart, into the essence of who I am and it’s going to be the way I think and the way I function. It’s going to be what I trust; it’s going to be who I am, my identity.’ ”

(another post this evening)

No comments:

Post a Comment