Friday, October 27, 2017

'SEE me with you and you're never alone'

In John 5:19, Jesus Christ answers the Jews ready to kill Him, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

Out of His great love for His Father He made a choice to relinquish everything and live in a fellowship so intimate He’d say, “What I SEE the Father do.”

“You say, ‘How did He SEE it?!’ ” explains Jordan. “Hebrews 11:1 answers that: ‘Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.’

“He lived in the reality of confidence in His Father to the place that He SAW it! It’s not unheard of. Hebrews 11 says of Moses, ‘By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.’ How do you see something you can’t see? Faith!

“Jesus Christ as man could have done anything He wanted to do and never contradicted the will of His Father because the two were one in essence and being. But Christ says, ‘For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.’

“In John 8:29, He says, “And he that sent me is WITH ME: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. Underline that word alone. You see the Father was always there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment