Saturday, October 19, 2013

Body and soul


When you get saved your dead spirit is made alive and God puts life into every part of it.
“You don’t just have the ability to communicate with God, you have God IN you,” explains Jordan. “He puts up a residence, in the third member of the godhead, and infuses and plants His life into you. That’s a radical difference! As an unsaved man, your soul and body were literally stuck together.

“The sins in your body . . . your soul just gave up. It was a servant to sin. You ever read in the Old Testament where it talks about ‘the soul that toucheth this will die?’ How can a soul touch something? He’s talking about the body. That gets people confused.
“A lot of folks will get confused when they read the Old Testament and God will be talking about the soul and you read it and say, ‘Well, He’s talking about the body.’ That’s because those two things in Scripture are one until the Crosswork of Christ comes in.

“And when Jesus Christ died at Calvary, He literally circumcised—Colossians 2:13 says you were circumcised with the circumcision not made with hands in the putting off the body of the sins of the flesh. There’s Romans 6:6.
“So when you were crucified with Christ, there’s a radical change. You’re literally set free from the bondage of sin. You know how radical you’ve been changed? This is what the Bible calls your NEW man.

“When he talks about the body of sin, in the old setup the sin ran everything. It walked according to the course of this world, ‘according to the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.’
“Every thought it had was in line with the course of this world. Its whole thinking process was to follow Satan’s thinking; the lie program. We don’t work that way anymore. Now the work is from the inside out. God’s Word renews our mind, that word, that life, trusts it and believes it and out through our body it works out.

“Romans 7 uses an illustration. Verse 7:7 says, ‘What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.’ He’s talking about bringing this identity from chapter 6 into the operating system of your life.
“The law gives you the knowledge of sin. Verse 14 says, ‘For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.’ Does that sound like a guy having a good time in life? Is Paul really carnal sold under sin?

“No, he’s a new man in Christ Jesus. You see what’s happened to Paul is he’s lost the confidence of his identity in Christ. He’s living in error. When you live as a Believer in condemnation like that, you’re not living as you are in Christ; you’re living over here in your resources and you come up short. That’s not who he is.
“You’re free from sin; you became the servants of righteousness. He’s changed all that about you. What Paul’s doing in verse 14 is he’s thinking about himself like he’s still lost. The first thing that happens when you respond to sin on a performance-based system over here is it condemns you and when you look at the law and it says, ‘Thou shalt not,’ and you did, what does it do? It works death.”

“So he says in verse 14, ‘I’m just worthless. I’m no good. I’m helpless. I have no value. I’m just a worthless, valueless failure.’
“In verse 18, he says, ‘For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.’

“He’s saying, ‘I’m just no good.’ If you want it even better, read verse 24: ‘O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?’
“Does that sound like a happy, victorious Christian? No, he’s conscious of his failure. He says, ‘I’m wretched. I’m unloved. Nobody loves me. Look at the condition I’m in.’ That’s where thinking this way gets you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment