Friday, April 6, 2012

For Fred:

Ever since I got my iPOD people have wanted to know what’s playing in my head. Here’s just a small selection from one of my Genius playlists (where the Apple computer puts together tunes you’ve bought in an order that’s supposed to be like a DJ playing).

This is being presented to satisfy the curiosity of one of my very best friends Fred, my first boyfriend who continues to be a very close friend in his married life and has seen me through my musical tastes (which have not changed much at all) since we first met as juniors in college working for “the Lantern,” the student newspaper at Ohio State:

Ohio (Live) 3:40 Neil Young Live At Massey Hall 1971 (Deluxe Version) Rock
2
If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out 2:45 Cat Stevens Gold: Cat Stevens Singer/Songwriter 4
This Is It 4:18 Kenny Loggins Outside - from the Redwoods Country 1
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face 5:19 Roberta Flack The Very Best of Roberta Flack R&B/Soul 5
Bridge Over Troubled Water 4:51 Simon & Garfunkel Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits Pop
10
All I Know 3:48 Art Garfunkel Garfunkel Pop
Longer 3:15 Dan Fogelberg The Very Best of Dan Fogelberg Pop 3
Be 6:31 Neil Diamond Jonathan Livingston Seagull Pop
Can't Keep It In 2:59 Cat Stevens Gold: Cat Stevens Singer/Songwriter
4
Heaven Is in Your Mind (Live At The Forum) 3:23 Three Dog Night Captured Live at the Forum Rock
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Live) 5:25 Simon & Garfunkel Simon & Garfunkel: Live 1969 Pop
Foreigner Suite (Full Version) 18:16 Cat Stevens Gold: Cat Stevens Singer/Songwriter
6
The Sound of Silence (Live) 3:53 Simon & Garfunkel Simon & Garfunkel: Live 1969 Pop
I'm Your Captain / Closer to Home 10:00 Grand Funk Railroad Grand Funk Railroad: Greatest Hits Rock 10

No comments:

Post a Comment