Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just a really bad day

They say writing is good therapy, so here is a little off the top:

In the space of an hour yesterday I had to tell two different long-term residents that they were losing their housing and would have to be transferred to a nursing home.

They both were caught completely off-guard and very upset, to say the least. The one resident, age 69, is deaf with low vision. The other resident in 75 and has left-side paralysis from a massive stroke.

With the sorrow involved in both these cases, not just for me but for everybody on my floor ( including fellow residents who are not aware yet of the decisions made by me)I was reminded of this quote I keep at my work desk:

"Love can be understood only 'from the inside,' as a language can be understood only by someone who speaks it, as a world can be understood only by someone who lives in it." Educator Robert C. Solomon

Write more this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment