Monday, May 9, 2011

Peace like a river

When Jesus Christ says, ‘I am the good shepherd,’ He is saying, ‘I am Jehovah God and I am the Messiah.’ In the Old Testament, it says ‘the Lord is my shepherd.’ In Psalm 90 He’s the shepherd of Israel who sits between the cherubim; that’s Jehovah.
Jordan says, “That’s another one these great statements in the Book of John about His deity. When people say Jesus never claimed to be God in John it’s because they don’t understand who God is and who the claims and statements in Scripture are and how often the Lord Jesus Christ did assert Himself to be just who He was—God in human flesh.

“He’s saying, ‘I’m the right one. I’m the shepherd who does what he ought to do for the sheep and I know my sheep and am known of mine. I have fellowship with them, they know me and we have an intercourse with one another. There’s this communion we have as the Father knoweth me, even so I know the father and I lay down my life for the sheep.’

“In other words, ‘The Father and I are in unison together. We know what each other thinks, we know what each other is desiring and doing and we’re in agreement.’ He’s not just saying we’re one in essence and being, but we have the same mind. The Father knows everything I’m thinking and I know His mind and I lay down my life for the sheep.

“Be careful for nothing. Take the thing and live in it and through it. We sing the song, ‘Take it to the Lord in prayer.’ That’s what the verse says. The term prayer is a general term about talking. Everything in life you ought to be talking to the Lord about. When you get in the habit of talking to God instead of talking to yourself you’ll have made a big step in this regard.

“When you become conscious as a Believer that the only person who hears that self-talk outside of you is God Himself because you’ve been called into this intimate fellowship with God. You’ve been placed into an in dissolvable union with the Godhead.

“His life became your life. His righteousness became your righteousness. His access to the Father, His communion with the Father became yours when He had the privilege of looking at His Father and crying, ‘Abba Father!’ The same access, the same privilege, the same boldness, the same confidence to come into the presence of the God of heaven and earth that Jesus Christ, God the Son, has. Wooo!

“Listen, there’s no greater privilege and God has no greater desire for you than just your fellowship. That’s what the Cross is all about. He wanted you. He longed for you. And He wanted to live right there where you are.

“It’s through the peace of God that I have access to the Father. I got into God’s presence and bring God’s word into my life, then I have the peace OF God. That’s that heart attitude that belongs to God Himself. The peace OF God is that heart attitude of not being anxious, fretting, worrying, careful about the problems of life.

“God’s got a plan. He’s got a purpose, He’s got something He’s doing and you He’s not worried whether it’s going to come out okay or not. He knows it is. He just relaxes and says, ‘I know the end of the story, bud.’ He’s got confidence in His plan, and in His Word and in Himself. And He takes that confidence that He has in his ownself and puts it in you.

The peace of God, that attitude from God that is absolutely confident that what he's doing will work. He said 'I'll put that in your heart.' And that will be what will tranquilize your anxieties Why because you talked to me about the details of your life in light of my Word, took my Word and focused it on the problems and made you suppilcations, your petitions to me about what's going on and what my Word said about how to apply and they you took it and made the application and by faith stood on my Word in your life and my Word became the issue right down to the details and that meant you have my attitude about it.' "


No comments:

Post a Comment