Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let it fly

I came home from Ohio Monday night, driving over 250 miles with the “Maintenance Required” light blazing out at me (it came on only 90 minutes out of Akron), and got on the elevator to see a notice posted that Jim Spoto died. Yet another favorite resident gone within a one-month span!

Between the ongoing up-close-and-personal deaths (going back a couple of years now) and the Japan disaster, I really think I’m entering the “I don’t care—let’s just get on with it” category.

I am going to start this weekend with the hard-core, forget-the-finessing or caring, editing of my book as is. End of story. There’s no point in waiting for anything to be “just right.”

If anybody’s interested, I am going on a hard-core diet for life starting tomorrow. That means NOTHING that makes me feel guilty.

Just so you know, right now I’m making a mac and cheese and I have a piece of white cake as my Last Supper. Wish I had some lobster but it ain’t to be. Good night to food!

No comments:

Post a Comment