Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Otherworldliness in KJV's mystery all caps

An unexplained phenomenon in a King James Bible, one with no explanation from the translators, is the use of all-caps words and phrases. 

The first occurrence of it is in Exodus 3:14: [14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

"When you know how the translation was done, it was done by different companies of people, so the guys who translated Revelation were not the same guys who translated Exodus," explains Richard Jordan.

"There are more than two dozen places where there are whole long phrases that are in all upper case. Why did they do that? I've looked for 30 years and there's no explanation.

"Most of the instances are associated with the crucifixion of Christ but this was not something--I mean, all the translators agreed to the translation of LORD and GOD in upper case to represent Jehovah and they tell you that in their preface, but they don't mention any of this super-cap stuff.

"Like I said, the translators don't explain why they did it and there's no reason in the translation process that they would do it. They just all of a sudden came along and put in these super-cap words and phrases.

Exodus 6:3: [3] And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

"The translators did not always write all-caps LORD for Jehovah; sometimes they put Jehovah in the text. Here they capitalized it.

"Revelation 19 is the last time it happens. In a passage on the Second Coming, Revelation 19:16: [16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

"The first occurrence in Exodus 3 was identifying who Jehovah is; the last occurrence is identifying who the Lord Jesus Christ is. The first time talks about the ALPHA and the last time the OMEGA. 

"They first give God's name, I AM THAT I AM; tell them I AM sent you,' and then when the Lord Jesus Christ comes, He's the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

"There are seven words in that name. Seven is the number of completion. Exodus 3 has seven words in upper case. There are only three words in that phrase, I AM THAT. Two of them, I AM, are repeated three times. Three is the number of the trinity.

"A perfect revelation of the godhead, the triune God, stuck in there in caps. Nobody can explain why it's that way, it just is.

"When you study all the instances, and I commend that to you, you say, 'Nah, this is not really a mistake.' There are patterns throughout your Bible and it's fascinating when you study these super caps out.

"I see the otherworldliness of this Book and I see a reason to believe it beyond just saying, 'Well, I can prove historically . . .' and I'm willing to get way out on a limb and trust it even with my eternity, because the more I study it the more I see, 'Wow, there's things in this Book that isn't like ANY other book.'

"There's something otherworldly about the Book that the eye of faith will see. You can't even get other Believers, often, to see this. People say, 'You're just a bunch of superstitious numerologists.' I say, 'Okay, I'm not trying to build a doctrine on it; I'm just saying that it's fascinating to me.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment