Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Prey upon sacrifice


Continuation of yesterday’s post:

“Brother Gil gave me a book by some Jewish rabbis (that his former rabbi had given him) about why Jews should not be converted to Christ and Christianity and how they should stay who they are and so forth,” says Jordan in an old study. “It’s fascinating to read these guys talk about passages like Isaiah 53 and where the Christians make so much about this stuff and, ‘Oh, look how clear it is in the Old Testament,’ when it isn’t real clear at all.

“Isaiah wrote of Calvary but he didn’t understand what he was writing about because it was a mystery not revealed ’til you get over to Paul, and it’s only until you come to Paul that you can look back and understand what that stuff was, so you get this kind of thing going on.

“One of the chapters in the book is about, ‘What does Israel do when it doesn’t have a sacrifice?’ Any Old Testament Jew familiar with the Jewish Bible knows what Israel does when they don’t have a sacrifice. The Book of psalms tells you.

“Psalm 141: 1-2 says, [1] LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee.
[2] Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

“Where do you burn incense? In the temple. David said, ‘Look, Lord, I’m cut off. I can’t get to the temple. I can’t get up there and offer the sacrifice, but just let me by prayer . . . you don’t want sacrifice anyway. What you want is a broken spirit and a contrite heart. You’re looking at the inner man . . .’

“David understood that. Psalm 51. He understood the issue wasn’t the sacrifice but the contrite heart before God. David said, ‘I can’t get over there. Circumstances won’t let me. I’m cut off. I’m on the run and I don’t have a sacrifice, so Lord, just let my prayer be like the incense, and let the lifting up of my hands and my praying to you, and my heart looking toward you—let that be like I offered the sacrifice.’ And it was for him.

“You say, ‘Well, how can that be?’ Well, we now understand that the sacrifice wasn’t the issue anyway. But David had a little understanding about what faith was all about and he knew what it was just to have to cast himself on the mercy of God when anything he could do wasn’t available.

“You get a Jew in the tribulation when they aren’t Hebrews (chapter 6) and you’ve got a situation where the Antichrist is there, he’s the lie, but what’s he a lie about? He’s convincing the world, and especially Israel, that he’s their Messiah.

“He makes a covenant with Israel and goes out among Israel and convinces them, and the world, that he is the Savior; the Messiah to bring in the utopia; to bring in peace. And he goes over and rebuilds the temple and starts the daily sacrifice in operation again 220 days after that last seven-year period begins.

“After he signs the covenant with the nation and enters into a false Abrahamic covenant with Israel and they begin to dwell safely in the land, the temple is rebuilt and the daily sacrifice (morning and evening oblations) begin again and they reinstitute the Mosaic system.

“It’s interesting in the book Gil gave me, the guy says, ‘One day that will happen. One day we’ll have it again! Over there on the temple mount when Abraham offered Isaac, one day we’ll have the animal sacrifices again. But we don’t want any of that wicked HUMAN sacrifices idea that the pagan Christians promote, because we know only pagans promote the sacrifice of humans.’

“See how sneaky that gets?  What human sacrifice do you and I promote? That happens to be what Calvary’s all about, right? You see it’s foolishness to them that perish. It’s blasphemy to them that perish.”

No comments:

Post a Comment