Saturday, October 6, 2012

Warp in time


Yesterday I had a surprise so big my mouth was hanging open for a good three minutes as I barreled eastbound on the Indiana Toll Road at 69 mph near the Elkhart exit.

I had made an early escape from work to drive home to my mom’s in Akron for a week of vacation, celebrating my brother’s birthday this weekend.

Right before I pulled out for the long road trip (7-plus hours when traffic out of Chicago is heavy) I grabbed a bag full of Bible study CDs and cassette tapes from my back seat and moved them to the front passenger seat, knowing at some point once I got through rush hour I would cut off the radio and settle in for the rural driving.

Sure enough, two hours into the drive the Chicago station I was tuned into faded out and I hit the “scan” button, listening to the different available stations when Joyce Meyer came up. I listened to her finish up a program in which she talked about making time count, following God’s biblical prescriptions for sin-free living every single day without letting up.

All of a sudden, I was hearing the opening music for Jordan’s “Daily Bible Time”!!! It was the last thing in the world I expected!!!!! Hearing his voice on the radio (in a different state no less) when I had no idea he was on was a new experience for sure!!!! And wouldn’t you know, he opened up by talking about time and how when it’s used for God’s glory--and not the flesh--it is never bondage.

I know I won’t ever forget that moment in time on that particular stretch of highway (one I’ve traversed a million-trillion times over the years, even breaking down near there once). The lesson is guaranteed to stick, at least in my memory!!!

(Write more tomorrow—I’ve got family to visit with for once!)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment