Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Take nothing for granted!

Now I can get serious--FINALLY! The waiting will be over tomorrow when AT&T turns the switch on my new UVerse internet service for $14.95 a month. To assure me the long-awaited moment's on its way, FedEx delivered tonight my Installation Kit complete with modem and set-up instructions, etc.

I'm learning more and more as life goes on not to take ANYTHING for granted. My E-Bay "tricked out" (or "street-rodded," as I've also heard it described) Honda Civic DOHC i-Vtec SI is on the blink again. It started making a funny engine noise Sunday morning and then the engine light came on. It will go back into the shop tomorrow.

As far as internet service, I've been without a connection in my home since June. It's been trying. Right now, I'm quickly typing from inside an office of a co-worker (unbenownst to her). The heat is on high and it's boiling hot, so as soon as I finish listenening to Shorewood's evening service, I'm skee-daddling back up to my apartment to put my head out the window for 20 minutes and allow the hurricane-force wind to give me some cool comfort!!!

So, sorry for not yet living up to my new commitment to update the blog daily, but tomorrow I will have an article and then one each day from now on--PROMISE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment