Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Otherworldliness to these two being the same people

Here is another outtake from the sermon “10 Reasons why Jesus is Jehovah”:

Isaiah 45: [21] Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
[22] Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
[23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

You see that word LORD in upper case letters? That tells you that the word there that’s translated LORD is the name Jehovah.

Who does He say every knee’s going to bow to and every tongue’s going to confess to? Jehovah. It’s, “Jehovah says to me. Nobody else. I’m the only God. I’m the only one.”

In Philippians 2, who does Paul say “every knees going to bow to and every tongue’s going to confess that He’s Lord”? The Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
[11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Well, if in the Book of Isaiah Jehovah says “every knees going to bow to me and every tongue’s going to confess to me,” and Paul says, “Every tongue’s going to confess and every knee’s going to bow to Jesus,” and they’re all going to acknowledge that Jesus is Lord, who are they acknowledging that Jesus is? Jehovah.

It’s fascinating how, over and over in your Bible, you’ll see the New Testament quote a passage about Jehovah in the Old Testament and refer to the statement about Jehovah, and identify the Jehovah in the Old Testament as Jesus Christ.

Look at it again in John 12: [39] Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
[40] He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

That’s a quotation from Isaiah 6:9: [9] And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

Now, watch verse 41 in John 12: [41] These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

That is, John says that when Isaiah chapter 6 was talking, it was talking about the Lord Jesus Christ. But if you go back to Isaiah 6 and read Isaiah 6:1-10 where that passage comes from, you’ll see that that’s when Isaiah sees Jehovah high and lifted up and says, “Holy, holy, holy, is Jehovah.”

Isaiah’s talking about Jehovah; John says he’s talking about Jesus. That means Jesus and Jehovah are the same people.

*****

An unexplained phenomenon in a King James Bible, one with no explanation from the translators, is the use of all-caps words and phrases. 

The first occurrence of it is in Exodus 3:14: [14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

When you know how the translation was done, it was done by different companies of people, so the guys who translated Revelation were not the same guys who translated Exodus.

There are more than two dozen places where there are whole long phrases that are in all upper case. Why did they do that? I've looked for 30 years and there's no explanation.

Most of the instances are associated with the crucifixion of Christ but this was not something--I mean, all the translators agreed to the translation of LORD and GOD in upper case to represent Jehovah and they tell you that in their preface, but they don't mention any of this super-cap stuff.

Like I said, the translators don't explain why they did it and there's no reason in the translation process that they would do it. They just all of a sudden came along and put in these super-cap words and phrases.

Exodus 6:3: [3] And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

The translators did not always write all-caps LORD for Jehovah; sometimes they put Jehovah in the text. Here they capitalized it.

Revelation 19 is the last time it happens. In a passage on the Second Coming, Revelation 19:16: [16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

The first occurrence in Exodus 3 was identifying who Jehovah is; the last occurrence is identifying who the Lord Jesus Christ is. The first time talks about the ALPHA and the last time the OMEGA. 

They first give God's name, "I AM THAT I AM; tell them I AM sent you," and then when the Lord Jesus Christ comes, He's the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

There are seven words in that name. Seven is the number of completion. Exodus 3 has seven words in upper case. There are only three words in that phrase, I AM THAT. Two of them, I AM, are repeated three times. Three is the number of the trinity.

A perfect revelation of the godhead, the triune God, stuck in there in caps. Nobody can explain why it's that way, it just is.

When you study all the instances, and I commend that to you, you say, "Nah, this is not really a mistake." There are patterns throughout your Bible and it's fascinating when you study these super caps out.

I see the otherworldliness of this Book and I see a reason to believe it beyond just saying, "Well, I can prove historically . . ." and I'm willing to get way out on a limb and trust it even with my eternity, because the more I study it the more I see, 'Wow, there's things in this Book that aren’t like ANY other book!'

There's something otherworldly about the Book that the eye of faith will see. You can't even get other Believers, often, to see this. People say, "You're just a bunch of superstitious numerologists." I say, "Okay, I'm not trying to build a doctrine on it; I'm just saying that it's fascinating to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment